SmackDown airs tonight (Aug. 5) with a reside present from Bon Secours Wellness Enviornment in Greenville, South Carolina. That is the primary SmackDown episode in the course of the 5 week construct in the direction of Conflict on the Citadel, developing on Sept. 3.
Goodbye, Ronda Rousey!
One among WWE’s targets at SummerSlam was to maintain the SmackDown girls’s title on Liv Morgan whereas defending Ronda Rousey in defeat. Their match at SummerSlam was a fast one-sided beatdown by Rousey that resulted in Morgan tapping out, however the referee blew the decision and counted Ronda’s shoulders all the way down to the mat first. Ronda rightfully snapped after the match, attacking Morgan and the shitty referee. Consequently, Rousey has been suspended and can miss tonight’s episode of SmackDown.
That leaves the highlight on Liv Morgan, who should handle the end of her match with Rousey. Everybody who watched SummerSlam is aware of that Liv shouldn’t be the champion proper now. In an online-exclusive interview following her SummerSlam match, Morgan fully ignored the controversial end and her faucet out, whereas asserting how proud she is of doing precisely what she mentioned she would do. Until Morgan goes heel, it’s a wierd method to faux like all the pieces is ok and he or she was the higher wrestler at SummerSlam.
As for Ronda, it appears like she is booked for Conflict on the Citadel in September, so this suspension in all probability gained’t final very lengthy. Maybe Adam Pearce will take a break from screwing over Sonya Deville to tell us when Ronda will return to WWE.
The remainder of the title scene
Due to an enormous help from The Usos and Paul Heyman, WWE Common Champion Roman Reigns retained his gold in opposition to Brock Lesnar at SummerSlam. Drew McIntyre will problem reigns for the belt at Conflict on the Citadel. Half-timer Reigns is listed on WWE’s occasions web page for tonight, so these two males may truly go face-to-face whereas hyping up their title battle.
Intercontinental Champion Gunther desires to revive the status of the belt and gained’t tolerate failure. One thing’s been brewing between him and Shinsuke Nakamura for a couple of weeks, so hopefully tonight we’ll discover out if or when they’ll wrestle one another.
The Usos efficiently defended the WWE tag group titles at SummerSlam and earlier this week on Uncooked. Their greatest present menace on the SmackDown roster seems to be The New and Vicious Viking Raiders. Is WWE going to e book a heel vs heel title match, or are the Vikings extra enthusiastic about persevering with to injure the New Day as a substitute of pursuing the belts?
Vacant continues to be the WWE girls’s tag group champions. There’s a rumor that Sasha Banks and Naomi are on their method again to WWE. Might they be subsequent in line to win again the belts that they by no means misplaced?
Different stuff to keep watch over
– Sheamus couldn’t work out tips on how to topple Drew McIntyre final week, however the Brawling Brutes in all probability determine into WWE’s plans for Conflict on the Citadel.
– Lacey Evans was not cleared to compete final week, so Shotzi took her place and picked up a win over Aliyah. Will the underappreciated Evans return tonight to inform wrestling followers to go to hell?
– Most Male Fashions is at full power with each Max and Maxxine Dupri working the group. We realized at SummerSlam that mån.sôör and ma.çé can actually titillate our juices by pouring a ton of water on one another.
– Ricochet vanished from WWE tv in July. Let’s hope that modifications in August.
– Joyful Corbin misplaced in opposition to Pat McAfee at SummerSlam. Will Bum Ass let it go there, or is hellbent on revenge?
– Raquel Rodriguez has been a generic smiling babyface for some time now. Will that change now that Triple H is accountable for WWE inventive?
– Talking of Triple H, what massive modifications does he have in retailer for SmackDown tonight? Followers are excited for tonight’s present after a reasonably good episode of Uncooked this week underneath Triple H’s path.
What’s going to you be on the lookout for on SmackDown tonight?