Poetic justice is uncommon for a fighter on the finish of his profession. However Nate Diaz obtained simply that in his ultimate struggle underneath contract with UFC. The veteran submitted Tony Ferguson in the principle occasion of UFC 279 on Saturday to shut out what has been a wild run with the promotion.
Diaz was initially scheduled to face Khamzat Chimaev in the principle occasion, however a foul miss on the weigh-ins by Chimaev despatched the entire card into chaos. An entire reshuffle on the prime ended up with Diaz vs. Ferguson on the prime and Chimaev vs. Kevin Holland within the co-main occasion.
Cannot get sufficient boxing and MMA? Get the most recent on the earth of fight sports activities from two of the very best within the enterprise. Subscribe to Morning Kombat with Luke Thomas and Brian Campbell for the very best evaluation and in-depth information, together with immediate evaluation of UFC 279 on the conclusion of the PPV.
Chimaev made fast work of Holland by scoring a first-round submission whereas not absorbing a single strike as soon as once more.
CBS Sports activities was with you all through struggle week with the most recent information, in-depth options and betting recommendation to contemplate. Thanks for stopping by and we’ll see you at UFC 280 in Abu Dhabi.
UFC 279 struggle card, outcomes
- Nate Diaz def. Tony Ferguson through fourth-round submission (guillotine choke)
- through first-round submission (D’Arce choke)
- Daniel Rodriguez def. Li Jingliang through cut up determination (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Irene Aldana def. Macy Chiasson through third-round TKO (upkick)
- Johnny Walker def. Ion Cutelaba through first-round submission (rear-naked choke)
- Julian Erosa def. Hakeem Dawodu through unanimous determination (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Jailton Almeida def. Anton Turkalj through first-round submission (rear-naked choke)
- Denis Tiuliulin def. Jamie Pickett through second-round TKO (punches)
- through second-round TKO (punches)
- Norma Dumont def. Danyelle Wolf through unanimous determination (30-27, 30-26, 30-26)
- Alatengheili def. Chad Anheliger through unanimous determination (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Elise Reed def. Melissa Martinez through unanimous determination (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Yohan Lainesse def. Darian Weeks through cut up determination (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)