UFC closed out its 2021 PPV marketing campaign with one other stellar occasion. One month after UFC 268 introduced the home down in New York Metropolis, UFC 269 might have topped it with unimaginable performances and stunning upsets all through the evening.
Light-weight champion Charles Oliveira retained his title with a third-round submission of Dustin Poirier in the principle occasion after getting into the bout because the underdog. Oliveira, who’s now using a 10-fight win streak, rallied from harm absorbed within the opening spherical to out-grapple Poirier earlier than leaping on his again and locking within the choke within the third body.
Cannot get sufficient boxing and MMA? Get the newest on the earth of fight sports activities from two of the very best within the enterprise. Subscribe to Morning Kombat with Luke Thomas and Brian Campbell for the very best evaluation and in-depth information, together with immediate evaluation of UFC 269 on the conclusion of the occasion.
In the meantime, the co-main occasion was much more loopy as Julianna Pena unseated the best fighter in ladies’s MMA historical past, Amanda Nunes, to say the bantamweight title. Pena lured Nunes right into a brawl earlier than dropping her and calmly locking in a choke to put declare to one of many largest upsets in UFC historical past.
CBS Sports activities was with you all through battle week with the newest information, in-depth options and betting recommendation to think about. Thanks for stopping by and we’ll see you in 2022.
UFC 269 battle card, outcomes
- Charles Oliveira (c) def. Dustin Poirier by way of third-round submission (rear bare choke)
- Julianna Pena def. Amanda Nunes (c) by way of second-round submission (rear bare choke)
- Geoff Neal def. Santiago Ponzinibbio by way of break up choice (28-29, 30-27, 29-28)
- Kai Kara-France def. Cody Garbrandt by way of first-round TKO (punches)
- Sean O’Malley def. Raulian Paiva by way of first-round TKO (punches)
- Josh Emmett def. Dan Ige by way of unanimous choice (29-28, 29-28, 30-27)
- Dominick Cruz def. Pedro Munhoz by way of unanimous choice (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Tai Tuivasa def. Augusto Sakai by way of second-round knockout (punch)
- Bruno Silva def. Jordan Wright by way of first-round TKO (punches)
- Andre Muniz def. Eryk Anders by way of first-round submission (armbar)
- Erin Blanchfield def. Miranda Maverick by way of unanimous choice (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Ryan Corridor def. Darrick Minner by way of unanimous choice (30-27, 30-27, 29-27)
- Tony Kelley def. Randy Costa by way of second-round TKO (punches, elbows)
- Gillian Robertson def. Priscila Cachoeira by way of first-round submission (rear bare choke)