LAS VEGAS – Khamzat Chimaev was a person on a mission at UFC 279.
Within the UFC 279 co-main occasion at T-Cell Area in Las Vegas, Chimaev (12-0 MMA, 6-0 UFC) ran by means of Kevin Holland (23-8 MMA, 10-5 UFC) in a 180-pound catchweight bout, scoring a D’Arce choke submission at 2:13 of Spherical 1.
Chimaev instantly shot for a takedown, grabbing a maintain of a scrappy Holland. Chimaev needed to scramble fairly a bit to maintain Holland down, however as soon as he did, he managed him and ultimately cinched within the submission, forcing him to faucet.
— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) September 11, 2022
“Borz” has been showered with boos from the group previously 48 hours after he did not make the welterweight mark for his initially scheduled bout in opposition to Nate Diaz.
Chimaev weighed in at 178.5 kilos and claimed he wished to proceed slicing weight, however medical doctors stopped him. In consequence, the cardboard was shuffled and he ended up drawing Holland in a catchweight bout.
The change in opponent made no distinction to an animated Chimaev, who mentioned he’s coming for everybody at welterweight and middleweight in his post-fight interview within the octagon.
Up-to-the-minute UFC 279 outcomes embrace:
- Khamzat Chimaev def. Kevin Holland by way of submission (D’Arce choke) – Spherical 1, 2:13
- Daniel Rodriguez def. Li Jingliang via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Irene Aldana def. Macy Chiasson via TKO (body kick) – Round 3, 2:21
- Johnny Walker def. Ion Cutelaba via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 4:37
- Julian Erosa def. Hakeem Dawodu via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Jailton Almeida def. Anton Turkalj via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 4:27
- Denis Tiuliulin def. Jamie Pickett via TKO (punches) – Round 2, 4:52
- Chris Barnett def. Jake Collier via TKO (punches) – Round 2, 2:24
- Norma Dumont def. Danyelle Wolf via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-26)
- Heili Alateng def. Chad Anheliger via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Elise Reed def. Melissa Martinez via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Yohan Lainesse def. Darian Weeks via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
For extra on the cardboard, go to MMA Junkie’s occasion hub for UFC 279.