Jeff Hardy’s pre-trial will get postponed once more.
The movement to postpone Jeff Hardy’s pre-trial was permitted. His new pre-trial date is January 18, 2023. His pre-trial was scheduled for December 21. Hardy’s unique listening to has been pushed again a number of instances on the request of his attorneys.
The movement to postpone the pre-trial famous the next:
UNOPPOSED MOTION TO CONTINUE PRETRIAL CONFERENCE
Defendant, Jeffrey Nero Hardy, strikes to proceed the pretrial convention scheduled for December 21, 2022, and in assist states:
1. Mr. Hardy is charged by Data with one rely of Driving in Violation of Driver’s License Restriction; one rely of Driving Whereas License Canceled, Suspended or Revoked; and one rely of Driving Below the Affect (third offense) .
2. Efforts to resolve the matter by plea settlement have but to achieve success.
3. The State of Florida offered discovery on October 31, 2022 within the type of upkeep information associated to the Intoxilyzer 8000 used on this case.
4. Protection counsel requires further time to look at perceived anomalies mirrored within the upkeep information and depose the legislation enforcement witness liable for Intoxilyzer upkeep.
5. Undersigned counsel has conferred with Assistant State Lawyer Amie Assent, Ms. Assent doesn’t oppose the aid sought by this movement.
6. Undersigned counsel respectfully suggests a continuance of the pretrial convention for about forty-five (45) days is suitable.
Jeff Hardy was initially arrested in Volusia County, Florida on June 13 and charged with DUI, driving with a suspended license and violating restrictions positioned on a driver’s license. Hardy would go on to file a written plea of “not responsible” on June 28. On August 10, Hardy waived a proper to a speedy trial.
Hardy was suspended by AEW following his arrest. It’s unknown when he’ll return.