LAS VEGAS – Boos met Israel Adesanya on the ultimate horn and decision-reading, however fan opinions don’t decide the ultimate consequence.
Within the UFC 276 important occasion at T-Cellular Area in Las Vegas, Adesanya (23-1 MMA, 12-1 UFC) defeated Jared Cannonier (15-6 MMA, 8-6 UFC) by unanimous determination, incomes official scores of 49-46, 49-46 and 50-45 in his favor.
The primary two rounds set the tone. Adesanya remained affected person, very like in his combat towards Yoel Romero at UFC 248. Cannonier tried to provoke the motion, unable to mount a lot offense. In the meantime, the small issues Adesanya did had been profitable.
In Spherical 2, an inadvertent eye poke led to a timeout and referee examination. Cannonier wiped his eye with a moist fabric and gave the thumbs up. There was some gamesmanship on the finish of the body, as Adesanya finger-wagged his opponent after a love faucet to the midsection by Cannonier after the horn.
From Spherical 3 to Spherical 5, Cannonier discovered an growing quantity of success. Nonetheless, it wasn’t sufficient within the eyes of the judges. Cannonier discovered success in management towards the fence, however no harm mounted. Within the closing spherical, Cannonier went for broke and landed some good punches, however Adesanya returned. The ultimate bell sounded and the boos rained down.
With the victory, Adesanya defends his title efficiently for the fifth time and wins his third combat in a row. He additionally sets up a third combat sports fight towards longtime rival Alex Pereira, who knocked out Sean Strickland earlier on the principle card.
— UFC (@ufc) July 3, 2022
As for Cannonier, his two-fight profitable streak is snapped. Earlier than UFC 276, Cannonier defeated Kevlin Gastelum and Derek Brunson in succession to earn his first shot at UFC gold.
Up-to-the-minute UFC 276 outcomes embody:
- Israel Adesanya def. Jared Cannonier by way of unanimous determination (49-46, 49-46, 50-45)
- Alexander Volkanovski def. Max Holloway via unanimous decision (50-45, 50-45, 50-45)
- Alex Pereira def. Sean Strickland via knockout (punches) – Round 1, 2:36
- Bryan Barberena def. Robbie Lawler via TKO (strikes) – Round 2, 4:47
- Pedro Munhoz vs. Sean O’Malley declared no contest (inadvertent eye poke) – Round 2, 3:09
- Jalin Turner def. Brad Riddell via submission (guillotine choke) – Round 1, 0:45
- Jim Miller def. Donald Cerrone via submission (guillotine choke) – Round 2, 1:32
- Ian Garry def. Gabe Green via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Dricus Du Plessis def. Brad Tavares via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Andre Muniz def. Uriah Hall via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Maycee Barber def. Jessica Eye via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27)
- Julija Stoliarenko def. Jessica-Rose Clark via submission (armbar) – Round 1, 0:42