On the UFC 279 important card Saturday at T-Cellular Enviornment in Las Vegas, Aldana (14-6 MMA, 7-4 UFC) stopped Chiasson (8-3 MMA, 6-3 UFC) with an up kick to the liver at 2:21 of Spherical 3.
In what was simply the third up kick knockout in UFC historical past, Aldana was in a position to come up huge after a tightly contested battle by way of two rounds.
— ESPN MMA (@espnmma) September 11, 2022
Aldana pressured early, discovering success along with her low kicks, jab and straight proper. She was in a position to stuff two of Chiasson’s takedowns, and reversed the third try by latching onto an armbar. As the group chanted Mexico, Aldana ended the spherical with huge floor and pound.
Nevertheless, Chiasson got here out storming in Spherical 2 with a flurry of punches, touchdown an early takedown. However Aldana virtually made her pay once more through the use of a leg lock try to comb her, however Chiasson hung onto again place and bought her hooks in. She finally transitioned to full mount and dropped heavy elbows to win Spherical 2.
With every fighter successful a spherical huge, all of it got here right down to Spherical 3. Chiasson tried taking the combat again to the bottom, however Aldana stuffed the takedown. After just a few exchanges on the toes, Chiasson landed the takedown, however was met by a heel kick to the liver which shut her down and completed the combat.
Aldana has now gained 4 of her previous 5, three by end.
Up-to-the-minute UFC 279 outcomes embrace:
- Irene Aldana def. Macy Chiasson by way of TKO (heel kick to the liver) – Spherical 3, 2:21
- Johnny Walker def. Ion Cutelaba via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 4:37
- Julian Erosa def. Hakeem Dawodu via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Jailton Almeida def. Anton Turkalj via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 4:27
- Denis Tiuliulin def. Jamie Pickett via TKO (punches) – Round 2, 4:52
- Chris Barnett def. Jake Collier via TKO (punches) – Round 2, 2:24
- Norma Dumont def. Danyelle Wolf via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-26)
- Heili Alateng def. Chad Anheliger via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Elise Reed def. Melissa Martinez via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Yohan Lainesse def. Darian Weeks via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)