Cody Garbrandt will return to his unique house.
Garbrandt (12-5 MMA, 7-5 UFC) meets Rani Yahya (28-10-1 MMA, 13-4-1 UFC) at UFC Combat Night time on July 9, which doesn’t but have a publicly identified venue or location. Each fighters confirmed the information on social media after an preliminary report from MMA Fighting.
Since dethroning Dominick Cruz to seize the bantamweight title in a masterclass efficiency in December 2016, Garbrandt has struggled, shedding 5 of six fights. His lone win in that stretch got here in a buzzer-beater knockout of Raphael Assuncao in June 2020. In his previous outing in December, Garbrandt’s flyweight debut was spoiled when he was knocked out by Kai Kara-France at UFC 269 and might be transferring again as much as 135 kilos when he meets Yahya.
Alternatively, Brazil’s Yahya is having fun with some momentum in his profession on the age of 37. The jiu-jitsu ace is coming off back-to-back wins in a submission of Ray Rodriguez, adopted by a unanimous resolution over Kyung Ho Kang this previous November at UFC Combat Night time 198.
The newest UFC Combat Night time lineup for July 9 consists of:
- Rafael dos Anjos vs. Rafael Fiziev
- Cynthia Calvillo vs. Nina Nunes
- Cortney Casey vs. Antonina Shevchenko
- Josh Fremd vs. Tresean Gore
- Mentioned Nurmagomedov vs. Douglas Silva de Andrade
- Abdul Razak Alhassan vs. Jamie Pickett
- Caio Borralho vs. Armen Petrosyan
- Cody Garbrandt vs. Rani Yahya